Hi,
I've spoken with the program committee, they've approved your talk :)
On Thu, 20 Aug 2026 18:04:14 +0000
Jacob Smith <jakob(a)jingleheimer.dev> wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Thanks! That's a bit too late. I need to plan between a few different
> ones because I don't have enough PTO from work for them all.
>
> Would it be possible to find out by the end of this month?
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> On Thursday, 08/20/26 at 18:24 Vasil Kolev <vasil(a)openfest.org> wrote:
> Hi Jacob,
>
> The decision is usually about 6 weeks before the event (the final
> program is ready one month before the event). But if that's a problem,
> let me know, I've cc'd the program committee and they can say what
> they think.
>
> On Thu, 20 Aug 2026 16:05:25 +0000
> Jacob Smith via Core <core(a)openfest.org> wrote:
>
> > Hiya!
> >
> > I realise the conference is still a few months away, but I need to
> > plan out my timeoff. Could you please let me know when you'll have
> > made a decision?
> >
> > -------- Original Message --------
> > On Thursday, 06/25/26 at 11:53 OpenFest 2026 <cfp(a)openfest.org>
> > wrote:
> > > [OpenFest 2026](https://cfp.openfest.org/openfest-2026/)
> > >
> > > Your proposal: PWA for the win
> > >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > We have received your proposal “PWA for the win” to
> > > OpenFest 2026. We will notify you once we have had time to
> > > consider all proposals, but until then you can see and edit your
> > > proposal at
> > > https://cfp.openfest.org/openfest-2026/me/submissions/JUZL3U/.
> > >
> > > Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
> > >
> > > The OpenFest 2026 organisers
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Full proposal content:
> > >
> > > Proposal title: PWA for the win
> > >
> > > Abstract: Web capabilities push the boundaries of "what's
> > > possible" every few months. Now, many apps that previously
> > > required far more costly (and single-platform) native development
> > > are readily possible in the web via Progressive Web Apps.
> > >
> > > Here we'll review the new capabilities and their uses via
> > > real-world apps you can use today from any modern mobile device.
> > >
> > > Notes: I am an ECMAScript (JavaScript) specification author and
> > > contributor to the HTML spec.
> > >
> > > I have 2 (open-source) apps to exhibit, demonstrating various web
> > > capabilities (persistent storage, shape recognition, etc).
> > >
> > > I'm also an author / maintainer of several major open-source
> > > projects (such as node.js). I can also present on those if
> > > interested.
> > >
> > > Language: en
> > >
> > > powered by [pretalx](https://pretalx.com
>
>
Hi Jacob,
The decision is usually about 6 weeks before the event (the final
program is ready one month before the event). But if that's a problem,
let me know, I've cc'd the program committee and they can say what they
think.
On Thu, 20 Aug 2026 16:05:25 +0000
Jacob Smith via Core <core(a)openfest.org> wrote:
> Hiya!
>
> I realise the conference is still a few months away, but I need to
> plan out my timeoff. Could you please let me know when you'll have
> made a decision?
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> On Thursday, 06/25/26 at 11:53 OpenFest 2026 <cfp(a)openfest.org> wrote:
>
> > [OpenFest 2026](https://cfp.openfest.org/openfest-2026/)
> >
> > Your proposal: PWA for the win
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > We have received your proposal “PWA for the win” to
> > OpenFest 2026. We will notify you once we have had time to consider
> > all proposals, but until then you can see and edit your proposal at
> > https://cfp.openfest.org/openfest-2026/me/submissions/JUZL3U/.
> >
> > Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
> >
> > The OpenFest 2026 organisers
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Full proposal content:
> >
> > Proposal title: PWA for the win
> >
> > Abstract: Web capabilities push the boundaries of "what's possible"
> > every few months. Now, many apps that previously required far more
> > costly (and single-platform) native development are readily
> > possible in the web via Progressive Web Apps.
> >
> > Here we'll review the new capabilities and their uses via
> > real-world apps you can use today from any modern mobile device.
> >
> > Notes: I am an ECMAScript (JavaScript) specification author and
> > contributor to the HTML spec.
> >
> > I have 2 (open-source) apps to exhibit, demonstrating various web
> > capabilities (persistent storage, shape recognition, etc).
> >
> > I'm also an author / maintainer of several major open-source
> > projects (such as node.js). I can also present on those if
> > interested.
> >
> > Language: en
> >
> > powered by [pretalx](https://pretalx.com